2021 DELEGATE NOMINATION/ELECTION
Published on Wednesday, February 17, 2021
February 15, 2021
In light of the COVID-19, Local 27 will be conducting its Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the International Convention elections entirely by mail, including both nominations as well as voting. Information regarding the protocols for nominations for Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the International Convention follows below:
- Members may nominate themselves or another member. Only a member in good standing can nominate a candidate. There is no requirement for a nomination to be seconded.
- Nominations may be submitted by mail or email to:
2261 S. Redwood Rd. Ste E email@example.com
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- All nominations must be received by March 11, 2021 no later than 5:00 P.M.
- The judges of Election will contact all nominees to verify acceptance of the nomination. All accepted nominations will be sent to the International general Secretary’s Office with names and membership numbers to verify eligibility. To be eligible for Delegate/Alternate to International Convention, any individual must have been a member in the Local Union in continuous good standing for at least two years.
- The judges of Election from the last election shall serve as the judges of Election for the 2021 election. Any openings shall be filled by persons who have served as Judges of Election in the election immediately preceding the last election. In the event of any remaining vacancies, the President shall appoint replacements to serve as judges of Election. All Judges of Election must be eligible to serve as Judges of this election in accordance with the requirements of the International Constitution.
Notice of Election: The election will be conducted from March 29, 2021 – May 14, 2021.
Ballots will be mailed on March 26, 2021 and must be received by May 13, 2021 to be counted.
Ballots will be counted on May 14, 2021.
Because the election will be conducted entirely by mail ballot, it is important that the Union have your correct address. Please contact the Hall to make sure your contact information is correct or to update your information.
This letter along with nomination forms were mailed out early this week, if you don't receive it soon you can
download it here.