MONTHLY UNION MEETINGS VIA ZOOM
Published on Monday, December 7, 2020
ZOOM UNION MEETINGS DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
Due to COVID 19 we have decided to hold our union meetings on an online platform until further notice. This decision was made in order to keep our members safe and healthy, while at the same time allowing us to conduct our meeting business and continuing on to the best of our ability. This will also allow those who are travelling to attend the meeting as long as they have met the requirements needed.
The Union meetings will be scheduled for the 2nd Friday of the month at 5 pm.
In order to attend the online meeting (via zoom), the member must have their dues paid up before 2pm of the day of the meeting. This allows us enough time to put together a list of those who are eligible to attend. Those who wish to join the meeting must also make sure that they have given the staff at the hall their correct/current email and phone number. Those who do not meet these requirements will not be sent a meeting invite.
How it works:
1. Once the proper information as been gathered and the member has met the requirement to join the meeting, they will be put on the invite list after 2pm of the meeting day.
2. An email containing the meeting time and link to join will be sent out shortly after the list has been compiled. It is the members responsibility to check their email to ensure they have received the link. If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your junk or spam box.
3. Once you have received the email, simply click the meeting link in the email at the meeting time and we will approve your entry. We advise that members join the meeting room a few minutes early just like our regular meetings.
4. You can access the meeting on any electronic device (e.g. laptop, tablet, cell phone etc.)
5. When entering the meeting make sure you are “muted” and all background noise is kept to a minimum. The mute button is located on the bottom left side of the screen. When asking a question or making a statement, “unmute” yourself and speak clearly.
6. There is also a chat feature you can utilize if you do not have a mic, the chat button is also located on the bottom of the screen. If you chose to use the chat button, simply open the chat, type your statement and click send.
For any further questions or concerns please contact your union representatives.